Prisons are used only for people who absolutely must be incarcerated. And for these who are incarcerated, they should be given all the rehabilitative opportunities they need to turn their lives around.
Prisoners should have:
- Safe, sanitary living conditions
- Access to adequate medical care
- Contact visitation
- Access to send and receive mail
- Ability to contact family by telephone
- Proper and nutritious diet
- Meaningful work
- Adequate mental health care where appropriate
- Access to meaningful grievance process
CURE believes that a person is sent to prison as punishment and not for punishment!
A Liberal Prison System-Bastoy Island